Gear ... What gear? ... Whiners gear
- Gibson Sheryl Crow Signature Country and Western
- Gibson Hank Williams Jr. Signature Southern Jumbo
- Gibson J-200
- Gibson J-160E
- Yamaha silent guitar
- Series "A" hollow body (in neat cherry red)
- Gibson SG (1988 special with jack at bottom)
- Gibson/Baldwin Education SG (cheap but cool)
- Gibson/Baldwin Education LP (also cheap but cool - currently on loan)
- Danelectro reissue D59 DC (Jamie uses this for slide)
- Danelectro Dead On '67 reissue
- Hofner violin-shape guitar
- Fender Telecaster (green finish like Sheyrl Crow used to use)
- Fender Strat (the "go to" instrument)
- Fender Squire Venus (bought form a former student and a charm to play)
- Vintage "Zip" (in cool grey glitter)
- Epiphone Les Paul Pee Wee (for taking on plane travel)
- Rickenbaker 450 (modified with Gibson P100 as neck pick up)
- Rickenbaker 4001s bass
- ElDegas bass (Paul McCartney knock off)
- Pink "First Act" electric (ridiculously cheap but way cool)
DigiTech VL 2 / VL 4 harmonizers with a TC Helicon Harmony G and two Fender Champ amps and a HealthKit "build your own tube amp" from the late 1940's my Dad had built.
The other Whiners:
Both Dave and Jamie use Fenders and Yamaha.
Dave is the strat king and Jamie has a fretless - for gigs, though, Jamie usually brings his Yamaha or perhaps his new (as of late 2009) short scale bass and/or Epi bass. This is the Epiphone SG bass (think Jack Bruce-like). Sometimes, he'll use KEITH's Rickenbaker 4001s (Paul McCartney) bass. Dave also uses a Yamaha acoustic and a BOSS all-in-one effects unit. KEITH will have to get the model number off of him to list it some day.
Dave has a Traynor tube amp he'll haul out for live gigs to give him some of that electric snap we so love. Dave also has a few other odds and ends acoustics and electrics including a Fender 12 string electric and a Dan Electro long scale number. Actually, Dave has a whole whack of gear too, so KEITH shouldn't feel so alone.
KEITH provides a Mackie 1642 VLZ 3 mixer for the road and we use SM 58 mics (didn't like the Beta versions of these so we are tried and true of the original SM 58s).
See also ...